Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Welcome to the Aesthetes

An aesthete is someone who appreciates beauty and art in all of its forms. And to me Fashion is art. For nothing is more self revealing than the way a person dresses. Furthermore there are a few things more in tune with the cultural norms of our civilization than the what is on the runways. Fashion is in essence the cultural meterstick of society. Despites clothing’s superficial and shallow connotations they are truly visual and wearable form of history. To quote Elizabeth Wilson:

“A part of this strangeness of dress is that it links the biological body to the social being, and public to private.”

I hope to convey this message on my blog while providing some laughs along the way. I hope you guys enjoy reading my blog as much as I enjoy writing it!

No comments: